Mushroom body encodes behavioral decision
This repository contains data collected during the experiments described in "The mushroom body output
encodes behavioral decision during sensory-motor transformation" (Arican et al. (2023)). The data includes spike times and stimulation protocols for olfactory stimuli. Additionally, behavioral data and normalized PID recordings are provided.
- A = benzaldehyde
- B = 2-heptanone
- C = isoamyl acetate
- D = octanal
- E = control
- F = 1-hexanol
- G = trans-cinnamaldehyde
- H = 1-heptanol
- I = heptanal
- J = 1-pentanol
- K = 1-octanol
- L, M, N, O, and P do not encode olfactory stimuli and can be ignored.
Each .mat file contains the following data in structs:
- Struct ending with _Ch5: Spike times in .times [s] with respective unit IDs in .codes
- Struct ending with _Ch31: Stimulus times in .times [s] with respective Stimulus IDs in .codes
- Struct ending with _Ch32: Exact stimulus onset and offset times [s] in .times with respective ID for on- and offset .codes.
- 1 = stimulus onset
- 0 = stimulus offset
The Excel file contains the following behavioral data:
- Time [s]: Stimulus onset [s]
- Stimulus-ID: Stimuli of each trial (see above for codes)
- MLR: Behavioral output per trial (1: MLR; 0: no MLR)
- Animal-ID: Animal ID corresponding to .mat files (see Table S1)
- MLR-Time-[sec]: Beginning of MLR [s]
PID.pkl contains two normalized PID recordings (PIDID: PID33; PID34) averaged over 10 trials for ten different odors (Stimuli: see odor codes above). The column "PID" contains the values of odor intensity, and "Time" contains the respective timepoint.
- PID33: Recorded from the position of the cockroach head (4 cm from the outlet of the odor supply system)
- PID34: Recorded from the position of the antennal tip (directly at the outlet of the odor supply system)
- For further analysis, the exact onset and offset times have been shifted by 90 ms since the odor occurred only after 90 ms at the antennal tip. The behavioral onsets were also aligned to that shift during the analysis.
Downloading the data
The data can be either downloaded via the command line or via the browser.
Using the command line with git annex
Make sure git and git-annex are installed on your computer. Create an account on gin and upload your public SSH key
to your gin profile. Then clone the repository using
git clone email@example.com:/nawrotlab/Arican_et_al_2023_sensorimotor_transformation.git
git annex get *
Large files (>10MB) are replaced by placeholders. These filed are downloaded by the last command.
Using the browser
Download the latest release as a zip file by clicking on Releases on the main page at
https://gin.g-node.org/nawrotlab/Arican_et_al_2023_sensorimotor_transformation.git. This zip file contains most mat
files with the spikesorted data and a csv file containing the behavioral data. Some mat files are larger than 10 MB and are replaced by placeholders. These files can be downloaded individually from the GIN repository (CA63, CA65a, CA71, CA73, CA76b, CA79a, CA79b, CA81).